I post the stuff I learn in the form of tutorials. I’m hoping someone else finds it useful, but also because I love this quote:
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.
Tutorial 1 – React with Redux GitHub Trending Repositories
Aimed at a React.js beginner, this tutorial introduces Redux and Redux-Thunk. The end result is a single page which search GitHub for the top 10 trending repositories of the day, filtered by language.
- Introduction, setup and add a Header component
- Add static data to Redux
- Display the static data nicely
- Load data from an API during application start
- Add a Search Button
Tutorial 2 – Rock and Roll React
Still aimed at the beginner, this was slightly more complex than tutorial 1. It introduces:
- Performing one or more CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) operations
- Building an app with more than 1 page using React Router v3
- A slightly more complex UI
It’s based off an existing Ember Tutorial with the hope that Ember.js users, as well as React.js beginners, could get some use out of it.